If there is a phrase to describe what Daisy Intelligence accomplished in 2019, it would be “capture the spotlight”.
We expanded into new markets, won awards, attracted media and analyst coverage, made a splash at conferences and events, and established the company as a leading player in the AI and retail/insurance markets.
“I’m extremely proud of what we have accomplished this year,” said Gary Saarenvirta, Daisy’s founder and CEO. “As important, I’m proud of all the hard work done by our employees, as well as the support of our customers and partners.”
“We’re seeing a growing interest among retailers in our AI-powered solutions that drive promotional optimization, and demand for our AI solutions for insurance companies to detect fraud and manage underwriting risk.”
Some of the highlight included:
- $10 million in a Series A financing led by Framework Venture Partners and partnered by European-based corporate investor, Sonae IM. The funding is enabling Daisy to expand globally, invest in sales and marketing, provide further support for its customer success teams, and expand its operational infrastructure as growth demands.
- Won “AI Company of the Year” at the Canadian FinTech & AI Awards, which recognize and celebrate Canadian innovation in financial technology and artificial intelligence. The awards were presented at the 5th Annual Canadian FinTech & AI Awards gala hosted by the Digital Finance Institute,
- Named by Deloitte as one of the “Companies to Watch”: Deloitte selected Daisy among its Companies-to-Watch winners in its annual technology awards program. The program celebrates Canada’s fast-growing technology, media, and telecommunications companies.
- Ranked at one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies. The Report on Business ranked Daisy as Canada’s 39th fastest-growing companies with a three-year sales growth of 1,311%. To be eligible, companies must be independent, for-profit, under Canadian ownership and headquartered in Canada with significant operations in Canada.
- Expanded in South America through a partnership with DFuturo. As well, Daisy CEO Gary Saarenvirta delivered a keynote address at the LATAM trade show
- We moved into a new office in downtown Toronto. We moved into a beautiful office in the heart of Toronto’s vibrant tech and startup communities. The move provided much-needed room to handle the expansion of Daisy’s team to support the company’s growth.
“As much as 2019 was an amazing year, I’m looking forward to an even more exciting 2020,” Saarenvirta said. “As more companies begin to embrace AI, Daisy is extremely well-positioned to capitalize on the need for technology that drives operational efficiencies and dramatically increases sales and profits.”